Are you curious how long it will take to reroof your house? Perhaps your shingles suffered from storm damage, or your existing roof is over 20 years old and showing signs of deterioration. No matter why you need a roof replacement, you can expect many factors to affect how long the job will take, including the weather and your roof’s size, slope, and complexity. Of course, you’ll first need to find a reputable and qualified roofing contractor to perform the replacement.
At Authentic Restoration, we’re here to offer our skills and expertise when you need a roof replacement. For over 13 years, we’ve been serving Rocky Mount, NC, and the surrounding communities with quality craftsmanship at competitive prices.
Did you know we offer free roof inspections and estimates to every customer? When you need a reliable and trustworthy contractor to replace your home’s roof in Rocky Mount, we’ve got you covered. Call Authentic Restoration today at (252) 904-3995 to request your free estimate and learn more about the home improvement services we offer.
Ask An Expert: What’s the Average Timeline to Reroof a House?
As professional roofing contractors with over a decade of experience, we’re very familiar with the average timelines for a roof replacement project. However, please remember that the following estimates are based on homes with an average-size roof and assume ideal weather conditions during installation. With that in mind, here’s how long you can expect the average reroof project to take based on shingle type:
- Asphalt shingles: One to three days
- Metal roofing: Three to five days
- Tile and slate roofs: Five days to two weeks
- Rubber membrane: Two days to two weeks
- Wooden shakes: Three to five days
Factors That Will Affect How Long It Takes to Replace Your Roof
When replacing your home’s roof, many factors affect the length of time it will take to complete the job. Here are the most common factors:
- Contractor experience: The contractor’s skill, experience, and qualifications will directly impact how long it will take to replace your roof. Ideally, a professional roofing company should have a team of at least five or six different people helping at every job.
- Weather and climate: The ideal conditions for replacing a roof are hot and dry. Of course, heavy rain, fog, and snow are all deterrents to replacing a roof. In Rocky Mount, it’s best to complete a roofing project during spring or fall, although we have relatively mild weather year-round.
- Roof slope: A roof with a steep slope will take longer to replace than one with a lower or flat pitch. The height of your roof will also impact your timeline since safety is a critical factor.
- House size: Houses with larger or expansive roofs will take longer to replace than a smaller or average-sized home.
- Roof complexity: A house with a complex roof design (multiple dormers, facets, angles, or intricate designs) will lengthen the timeline of your replacement. Accessibility is another important factor. Homes with roofs that aren’t easily accessible call for a more complex replacement process.
- Existing roof style: Does your current roof have a double layer of shingles? If so, plan on the removal process taking longer than usual. However, homeowners who want to install a new layer of roofing shingles right over the existing one can expect the project to go faster than a traditional removal and installation.
- Structural damage: If your roof has structural damage below the shingles, we may have to make repairs, increasing the time it will take to complete the job.
Do You Need a Roof Replacement? Call the Professionals at Authentic Restoration
At Authentic Restoration in Rocky Mount, NC, we have over 13 years of experience and a team of highly skilled roofing contractors who are ready to reroof your home. Our services are fast, affordable, and consistently high-quality. Don’t just take our word for it: read through some of our 5-star reviews on Google or check out our Better Business Bureau profile, on which we maintain an “A” rating.
No matter why you may need a roof replacement, our team is here to help. Call Authentic Restoration today at (252) 904-3995 to schedule your free estimate with our team of roofing experts.