Cedar Shake Roofing in Birmingham, AL
Authentic Restoration installs, repairs and replaces any cedar shake roofs within 50 miles of Birmingham, Alabama. Call us today, or request your next service online.
Our shake roofing crews have served Birmingham and the surrounding area for more than a decade. As a general contractor, we’ve replaced roofs of all shapes, sizes, and materials throughout the state of Alabama. In all that time, cedar shake roofing has remained one of our most popular services.
Our customer testimonials speak for themselves. For top-tier shake roofing technicians and an unmatched professional attitude, give Authentic Restoration a call at (205) 982-5252.
Why Consider a New Cedar Roof?
One of our top priorities is protecting homeowners against the ravages of wind, rain, and hail. Winters in Birmingham, when most of our 56 inches of rain per year tend to fall, are especially nasty. Compare that to the national average of 38 inches, and you’ll realize that water damage is a real threat to your roof.
Cedar shakes are one of the best ways to defend your home from the elements. A cedar roof can stand against everything from hail to snowstorms and last up to ten years longer on average than asphalt shingles.
Pros and Cons of Installing a Cedar Roof
Like all materials, cedar shakes have specific perks and drawbacks. Homeowners should consider all the information before deciding on the style and material of their new roof.
Benefits of Cedar Shakes
- A beautiful, traditional presentation. Cedar shakes add a rustic quality to your home, aging over time from a rich earthy color to a gorgeous silvery tone.
- Longevity and endurance. A cedar roof is one of the longest-lasting roofs available, making it one of the most cost-efficient options on the market.
- Weather-resistant. Cedar shakes are, of course, able to withstand the harshest rainfall and keep out the heat at the height of summer.
- Added value. A cedar roof raises the appeal of your home and makes it significantly more valuable when the time comes to sell.
- Eco-friendly. It doesn’t hurt that cedar shakes can outperform virtually every other roofing material in terms of sustainability.
Problems with Cedar Shakes
- Added upfront cost. Compared to inexpensive asphalt shingles, cedar shakes cost more per square foot to install.
- Regular maintenance. Like almost any roofing material, cedar roofs require upkeep, typically every 2 to 4 years.
- Synthetic cedar shake shingle alternatives are a superior option
Cedar Roof Roof Repair & Replacement
When dealing with storm damage roof repair or replacement, you often have to file an insurance claim and deal with adjusters. Luckily, Authentic Restoration will help keep the headache out of home renovation.
We’re a professional, efficient team that knows our way around the bureaucracy of roof repair or roof replacement claims. At Authentic Restoration, we give our honest appraisal on whether to file an insurance claim, and we help navigate the claims process by keeping your information organized. Our Xactimate insurance estimate program is part of why 9 out of 10 insurance claims we work on get approval.
Ultimately, we do our job by doing what’s best for everyone. Authentic Restoration makes the process of dealing with home damage and insurance adjusters as painless and stress-free as possible.
Call Authentic Restoration Today
Whether you’re repairing a cedar roof or installing one for the first time, Authentic Restoration of Alabama will keep your project on-task and on-budget. Call us at (205) 982-5252 or submit your roofing service request on our site.
Contact Us Today
Give us a call today or complete the form below!